逍遥右脑 2018-11-14 11:49
及物动词检查，调查; 考试; 诊察; 审问
1. The doctor examined the boy and found there was nothing the matter with him.
2. The lawyer examined the witness.
3. The teacher examined the students in physics.
4. The doctor examined her carefully.
A：What’s wrong with you? You look pale.
B：I’m not sure, I feel hot and cold.
A：When did the trouble start?
B：I was sick most of the night.
A：It sounds like you are coming down with the flu. Let me take your temperature.
B：Have I got a high fever?
A：Yes, thirty-eight point seven. Do you have a headache, chest or throat pain?
是的。38.7 度。你头痛吗？ 胸和嗓子痛吗？
B：Yes, I have.
A：Now, let me have a look at you. I’d like to listen to your chest. Now breathe in, a deep breath, that’s it. Cough, now again. I want to examine your throut, too. Open wide, say “ah--”.
A：Yes, it does look a bit sore. Let’s take an X-ray of your chest and give you a few tests.
B：All right, thanks.
A：The tests showed nothing wrong. A slight viral infection.
B：What shall I do today?
A：I’m giving you some antibiotics and aspirins. Take an aspirin when you’ve got a fever, and take one antibiotics capsule every four hours, and go home and rest in bed for two days. Drink plenty of water, then you’ll feel better. Here’s the prescription.
B：Thank you, doctor. Good-bye.
2. 审核：区会可能差派(commission)他作宣教士以外,另行授权给他成立教会(organize churches),并教导,审核(examine),按立(ordain)治理长老和执事们,为他们就职(install),接受会友,和删除会友会藉,直到教会组织自己的长老堂会为止;
1. Moreover, it will re-examine the traditional three monopoly behaviors, stress their regulatory system standards, and discuss whether they are conducive to economic and social development, whether they can co-ordinate better balance between kinds of interests, in particular the human rights and consumer care. At the same time, it will make analysis regulations and countermeasures.
2. Examine these elements to see which is the hardest for you, and start by practicing that element first.
3. Dare to examine your own heart before you cast the first stone!
4. And yet, if we examine what happened to the Dionysian powers under the pressure of that treaty we notice a great difference: in the place of the Babylonian Sacaea, with their throwback of men to the condition of apes and tigers, we now see entirely new rites celebrated: rites of universal redemption, of glorious transfiguration.
5. It is worthwhile to examine why he had such stature in his own day.
6. series summation of all previous college entrance examination by one of the key elements to examine.
7. It allows you to examine data from a live network or from a capture file on disk.
8. In this paper we examine the historical roots of the model--the concepts, culture, and characters at Carnegie Tech and the Graduate School of Industrial Administration.
9. Similar experiments were conducted to examine the effects ofsildenafil in rat isolated perfused lung preparation.
10. We examine the question of multiattribute characterization of individuals for matching purposes, both theoretically and statistically.
11. Before permission is given to remove the goods out of customs control, the owner or agent is required to submit a Bill of Entry, Customs Declaration or Inward Permit as may be prescribed by law, in the prescribed form to enable the customs authorities to examine and appraise the goods.
12. First of all, we examine whether issuance of convertible bond bring abnormal return to company by event study.
13. In the process of satisfying these expansions, the government proposes the water right management project. However the conflict is highly raising between agricultural and industrial uses. In this study, we examine the water right of agriculture in Taiwan.
14. Let us examine this a little more closely.
15. For the sake of contrast, let's examine the effects of a negative mental attitude.
16. In school, I was taught to critically examine everything I was told.
17. The report examine the social cost of building the factory in the middle of the town.
18. Frontline Earth will examine, discuss and report on this critical debate.
19. In order to examine the role of astacene on mice body development and the expression of energy metabolism related genes in mice, we treated mice and primary culture of mouse muscle cells with astacene of higher and lower concentration. Then the total mRNA was extracted from the muscle tissue and cells respectively, and the mRNA levels of UCP3 and LXRα were detected by RT-PCR in all the samples.
20. Examine and approve the reports of the board of supervisors or the supervisor
If you examine something, you look at it carefully.
e.g. He examined her passport and stamped it...
e.g. Forensic scientists are examining what police believe to have been the bombers' car.
If a doctor examines you, he or she looks at your body, feels it, or does simple tests in order to check how healthy you are.
e.g. Another doctor examined her and could still find nothing wrong...
e.g. He was examined again and then prescribed a different herbal medicine.
If an idea, proposal, or plan is examined, it is considered very carefully.
e.g. I have given the matter much thought, examining all the possible alternatives...
e.g. The plans will be examined by EU environment ministers.
If you are examined, you are given a formal test in order to show your knowledge of a subject.
e.g. ...learning to cope with the pressures of being judged and examined by our teachers.
1. Prior to establishing a business or conducting any kind of business transactions, examine the transaction's scope to determine how comprehensive the due diligence should be.
2. They wanted to examine qualities that would help vertebrate sea creatures of the Cambrian Period forage for food without becoming lunch for predators.
3. An endoscopy is a minimally invasive medical procedure used to examine the inside of a hollow organ or cavity.
4. The congress is scheduled to examine and approve an amendment to the party's charter and elect a new CDL Central Committee.
5. What's the point of moving to China, if I don't take the chance to examine it while I can?
6. Visitors examine an electric car and charging equipment at an exhibition in Beijing.
7. Checkpoint officials examine the ID cards of all drivers and passengers entering the city in vehicles without Expo passes issued by the government.
8. SEPA also asked local environmental protection bureaus to work out emergency plans and examine chemical plants'waste treatment facilities.
9. Universities have been forced to examine child protection laws that are usually the preserve of schools.
10. A hearing on whether the city attorney's office may examine the items in a separate civil case was scheduled for yesterday.
1. consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
e.g. analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare
analyze the evidence in a criminal trial
analyze your real motives
Synonym: analyze analyse study canvass canvas
2. question closely
3. question or examine thoroughly and closely
4. observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect
e.g. The customs agent examined the baggage
I must see your passport before you can enter the country
5. put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
e.g. This approach has been tried with good results
Test this recipe
Synonym: test prove try try out essay