日常交际必备的英语习语对话-94

逍遥右脑  2018-10-10 10:20

hold out the olive branch 愿意讲和
A: I haven't heard the quarrelling of them for a long time.
A:好长时间都没听见他们吵架了。
B: Me too. What had happened?
B:就是,有什么事发生吗?
A: They have reconciled with each other.
A:他们已和解了。
B: Who is the first that had such intention?
B:谁先有这个意思的?
A: Robert, I think, Because he has told me that he was tired of the constant quarrelling.
A:我想是罗伯特吧,因为他曾对我说过他厌倦了无休止的争吵。
B: I see. So he finally extended the olive branch to his neighbor.
B:我明白,所以他首先向邻居表示和好。
hot under the collar 很生气
A: What on earth does he mean?
A:他到底是什么意思?
B: Take it easy.
B:别当真。
A: He really made me hot under the collar.
A:他真让我生气。
B: You'll get used to his temper soon.
B:你很快会习惯他的脾气的。


版权声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容,请发送邮件至 lxy@jiyifa.cn 举报,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。
上一篇:高中英语:黄金英语阅读理解
下一篇:英语翻译最容易误解的句子总结

逍遥右脑在线培训课程推荐

【日常交际必备的英语习语对话-94】相关文章
【日常交际必备的英语习语对话-94】推荐文章