逍遥右脑 2018-09-20 12:31
名词神; 上帝; 神像; 偶像
1. God forbid!
2. God damn you!
3. He thinks himself God Almighty.
4. God speed you!
1. Money is the god of the bosses.
A：She wants to start a family.
B：She is pregnant. /She is expecting.
B：What did she have? /What is she expecting?
A：She told me that she decided not to have it tested. Only God knows.
A：Hey, daughter, let me ask you something.
A：Do you have life insurance?
B：Well, no. It just seemed like another bill we’d have to pay.
A：You have children now. What if something, God forbid, happens to you?
B：That’s true. Well, how much do you think I should get?
A：A $100,000 policy shouldn’t be too expensive. Here, call my agent. He’ll give you a good deal.
1. 天：在你阐述人类的心亦有上天(God)的本性时,这个故事也可以让你做一个很美的譬喻. 你可以这样对孩子说:「你看,这个大大天空紫罗兰,紫罗兰之神,是全蓝色而且向四方延伸. 现在你想像从它上面切下一小块--这就是那小小紫罗兰.
3. god：gallons per day; 天
4. god：game on demand; 游艺点播
1. Of God is to live above the humdrum of life.
2. Jesus is God`s divine light on the earth.
3. 4 If, however, the journey is too much for you and you are not able to bring your tithe, because the place which the LORD, your God, chooses for the abode of his name is too far for you, considering how the LORD has blessed you
4. 47 Praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people.
5. Therefore God reminds us that He will be sanctified and glorified by his people.
6. Praising God, and having favour with all the people.
7. God did something dramatic on Mount Carmel that day, when fire came to consume Elijah`s altar. It jolted the people into belief.
8. Then we mount the view seeing at the top of the 通天阁. And the tutelary god of Osaka 『Billiken』defends here. And people think that if you touch the sole of the foot of the 『Billiken』, you will have good lucky.
9. I ask you to bring to light the importance of God`s desire of consecration.
10. A periodic religious festival commemorating an event or honoring a god or saint.
11. Who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God.
12. Will the evildoers never learn- those who devour my people as men eat bread and who do not call on God?
13. Chooose wisely hero, for once you commit to your god you can never turn back.
14. God, why is Somebody so stupid? I am a Christian.
15. Third, the Lord reminds us that he is our God.
16. Aw, good luck on your walk with God, i wish you every blessing and peace
17. God, the Omnipotent, ought not to bring under judgment so frail a creature as man.
18. They wanted Jonah to cry out to his God too, but nothing worked.
19. But it was Jeremiah's call to God's people to return to their bridal love for Him, which became the pivotal issue upon which Josiah's reformation turned.
20. Your handmaid is, indeed, a God-fearing woman, serving the God of heaven night and day.
The name God is given to the spirit or being who is worshipped as the creator and ruler of the world, especially by Jews, Christians, and Muslims.
e.g. He believes in God...
e.g. God bless you.
People sometimes use God in exclamations to emphasize something that they are saying, or to express surprise, fear, or excitement. This use could cause offence.
e.g. God, how I hated him!...
e.g. Oh my God he's shot somebody...
In many religions, a god is one of the spirits or beings that are believed to have power over a particular part of the world or nature.
e.g. ...Pan, the God of nature.
e.g. ...Zeus, king of the gods.
Someone who is admired very much by a person or group of people, and who influences them a lot, can be referred to as a god .
e.g. To his followers he was a god.
5. see also: act of God
If you say God forbid, you are expressing your hope that something will not happen.
e.g. If, God forbid, something goes wrong, I don't know what I would do.
If a person thinks they are God's gift to someone or something, they think they are perfect or extremely good.
e.g. Are men god's gift to women? Some of them think they are.
You use God help you to warn someone that something unpleasant will happen to them if they do a particular thing.
e.g. God help him if he gets in my way...
e.g. The boss says you must wear a tie. And God help you if you don't.
If you feel sorry for someone because they are in a difficult or unpleasant situation, especially if you think that nobody can help them, you can say God help them.
e.g. 'God help them,' he said. 'They're beyond help.'
If you say God help us, you mean that you have negative feelings about the person or situation you are talking about.
e.g. The first song is 11 minutes long, the last nearly the same, and, God help us, there's a drum solo along the way.
You can say God knows ,God only knows, or God alone knows to emphasize that you do not know something.
e.g. Gunga spoke God knows how many languages...
e.g. God alone knows what she thinks.
If someone says God knows in reply to a question, they mean that they do not know the answer.
e.g. 'Where is he now?' 'God knows.'
The term a man of God is sometimes used to refer to Christian priests or ministers.
e.g. I am a man of God.
14. （用来强调生气、懊恼或吃惊）究竟什么/ 究竟为什么/究竟如何
If someone uses such expressions as what in God's name ,why in God's name, or how in God's name, they are emphasizing how angry, annoyed, or surprised they are.
e.g. What in God's name do you expect me to do?...
e.g. Why in God's name did you have to tell her?
If someone plays God, they act as if they have unlimited power and can do anything they want.
e.g. You have no right to play God in my life!
You say please God to emphasize a strong hope, wish, or desire that you have.
e.g. Please God, let him telephone me now.
You can use God in expressions such as I hope to God, or I wish to God, or I swear to God, in order to emphasize what you are saying.
e.g. I hope to God they are paying you well...
e.g. I wish to God I hadn't met you.
If you say God willing, you are saying that something will happen if all goes well.
e.g. God willing, there will be a breakthrough.
19. to put the fear of God into someone -> see fear
honest to God -> see honest
in the lap of the gods -> see lap
for God's sake -> see sake
thank God -> see thank
1. Named Loki after the Norse God of Mischief, the infant primate has been raised by hand after his mother died soon after birth.
2. He was later regarded as a sea god by the people in Fujian and Taiwan.
3. Legend has it that the evil river god was offended when the canal opened after the first engineer worked on it for 333 days.
4. Dozens of officials and tribal leaders gathered under a white canopy, speaking from a podium to the crowd who broke into frequent " God is great " chant.
5. It was decorated with a fanciful carved dragon carrot figure, the golden totem of the " son of God ".
6. He believes Michelangelo was equating God's gift of a soul for Adam with the divine gift of intelligence for mankind.
7. Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan, who Chinese fans called the " God " are the others.
8. She never wavered in the conviction that God in Jesus Christ directly commissioned her ministry.
9. His church is an offshoot of mainstream Mormonism that believes polygamy brings exaltation in Heaven, and followers see Jeffs as God's earthly spokesman.
10. He's colloquially referred to as Hong Kong's third " god of song ", after Jacky Cheung.